I have been working in the career industry for over 18 years, both in New Zealand and Australia, supporting individuals to identify their career path or make changes in their direction, and providing them with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully make that next step.
I also have extensive experience in coaching individuals in job search, professional CV development and succeeding at the interview.
Clients include people from all walks of life covering students thinking about what they want to do once they finish school, graduates, job seekers, women returning to the paid workforce, and individuals in the corporate world reassessing their direction or facing redundancy. I am passionate about working with the individual and offering them a programme which is tailor-made to their requirements.
My belief is that we are all capable of achieving what we want and my role is to help break down the barriers (perceived or real) to ensure that each individual is given the opportunity to reach their goals.
My own career has included working in Human Resources in both the Finance and Engineering Industries. These roles coupled with my own personal journey including redundancy, returning to the paid workforce and establishing a career in a different country, has given me insight into the reality of how to:
– successfully tackle the job market
– effectively market yourself, and
– find those jobs which appear ‘hidden’
My roles in careers have included:
○ Operating my own Private Practice, Future Directions Ltd, and Career Clinic on the North Shore
○ Working as a Career Counsellor at Unitec
○ Lecturing on the Graduate Diploma in Career Development at AUT
○ Assisting Postgraduate Research Students with their career choices at Macquarie University in Sydney, developing a career development programme particular to their needs
○ Extensive experience contracting to Outplacement and Career Management Specialists supporting many individuals in their transition to the next stage in their career, often as a result of redundancy.
Masters in Industrial and Organisational Psychology (Hons.)
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Graduate Certificate in Career Development
Qualified to administer Myers Briggs Type Indicator
Professional member of Career Development Association of New Zealand (CDANZ).
|Work Address||Devonport, Auckland|